Have you updated your website, or even a page on that site, only to find that Google’s taking some time to come back and crawl the site or page? You can ask Google to re-index or crawl a page or web site you own – it’s fast and easy.
Note: To ask Google to crawl a URL on a site you don’t own, visit this Webmaster Tools URL submission page for instructions.
Follow these instructions to ask Google to crawl a page or site:
- On the Webmaster Tools Home page, click the site you want.
- On the Dashboard, under Crawl, click Fetch as Google.
- In the text box, type the path to the page you want to check.
- In the dropdown list, select Web. (You can select another type of page, but currently we only accept submissions for our Web Search index.)
- Click Fetch. Google will fetch the URL you requested. It may take up to 10 or 15 minutes for Fetch status to be updated.
- Once you see a Fetch status of “Successful”, click Submit to Index, and then click one of the following:
- To submit the individual URL to Google’s index, select URL and click Submit. You can submit up to 500 URLs a week in this way.
- To submit the URL and all pages linked from it, click URL and all linked pages. You can submit up to 10 of these requests a month.